Monday, November 17, 2008

BARRY GRAHAM. INTERVIEW

I was interviewed by SCOT YOUNG on his MIDWEST POETRY blog. We talked about a bunch of different shit: the future of online journals, my chapbook and story collection, Monica Lewinsky, etc. Here's a small piece of the interview:

Scot:

What do you see online publications developing in the future?

Barry:

I may be wrong on this, but I think 2009 is gonna be a big year for returning to print. I think people want to hold books / objects in their hands and look at them, smell them, touch them. I think print on demand technologies are affordable and the quality is much improved, chapbooks are cheap to make. I see a big return to those types of printing. DOGZPLOT has branched out and started a small chapbook series: ACHILLES. Great things are on the way from lots of places: ML Press, Future Tense, Keyhole, Calamari, Hobart’s mini-book division – Short Flight / Long Drive. Misti Rainwater-Lites has some sexy publications I like a lot, the Instant Pussy series. All that to say I think the future is a grassroots return to cheap but aesthetically pleasing print.


Take a peek at the rest here:

http://midwestpoet.wordpress.com/2008/11/18/interview-with-barry-graham-at-dogzplotcom/

3 comments:

Peter Cole said...

enjoyed your interview

DOGZPLOT said...

thanks peter

Kevin Michaels said...

Excellent interview and nice POV on writing and publishing - loved the insight about Dogzplot. Keep them coming!