Thursday, February 26, 2009

CLONE reviewed at BOOKMUNCH

Thank you to PETE WILD over at BOOKMUNCH for reviewing SAM PINK's, I AM GOING TO CLONE MYSELF THEN KILL THE CLONE AND EAT IT.

Here is an excerpt from the review:

"If I were to attempt the impossible task of comparing Pink’s work to something that came before, I would say that he is a much smarter Jack Handy, but even that doesn’t quite explain it. Reading the book I tried to draw comparisons to Steve Martin’s Cruel Shoes and some of Woody Allen’s writing (both are much tamer than what Pink offers). At his best, Pink is insane...

Pink constantly juxtaposes the painfully strange with the painfully beautiful. He has drawn several perfect renditions of the existentialist view, that life is absurdly tragic. In one of the best pieces he insists that:

If I ever decide to shoot myself in the head I will make sure to stuff my mouth with confetti so that it looks pretty for no one.

That sentence alone would have given Camus a chuckle..."

Read the full review here:

http://bookmunch.wordpress.com/2009/02/26/i-am-going-to-clone-myself-then-kill-the-clone-and-eat-it/

Additional INFO, including how to ORDER is here:

http://paperheropress.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-am-going-to-clone-myself-then-kill.html

Thanks again Pete for the bad ass review.

No comments: