Thursday, February 24, 2011

MORE STUFF TO READ. XTX. MONKEYBICYCLE


“After reading Normally Special, if I knew xTx’s legal name, I’d file a restraining order. Maybe she’s Aileen Wuornos. Maybe she’s a wiccan living under A.M. Homes’s bed. I don’t know, she freaks me the hell out. “You should be glad I cannot tie knots or have access to a gun safe,” she writes in the last of these 23 texts, each somehow both demented and courageous, desperate and ready to brawl. I’d be glad of that if I believed it; you can practically smell the rope burn on the skin coming off these ransom letter sex threats. I’m leaving the door unlocked. ”
Blake Butler, author of There Is No Year

xTx’s stories embody the terrors, wounds and deep emotions that tremor through our bodies as we walk around in our daily lives, pretending everything is alright. Nothing is alright of course, but xTx turning our hidden selves into meaningful stories helps a whole hell of a lot.
Paula Bomer, author of Baby



With stories and poems from 22 groundbreaking authors, Monkeybicycle8 is sure to please. Featuring cinema stars, cave-dwelling hermits, imaginary monsters, Internet hookups, and so much more, this issue packs a mighty wallop.

Contributors: Summer Block, Matt Briggs, Aaron Burch, E. Michael Desilets, Ori Fienberg, Jesús Ángel García, Scott Geiger, Michael Hickins, Steve Himmer, Blake Kimzey, Ben Loory, Annam Manthiram, Laura McCullough, Michael Mlekoday, Dustin Luke Nelson, Ben Nickol, Steve Peacock, Jonathan Redhorse, Vincent Scarpa, Curtis Smith, Rosalynn Stovall, and Andrew Weatherhead.

No comments: