Monday, January 10, 2011

NFL PLAYOFF / SUPERBOWL PICKS - TAKE II

Ok, so I went 2/4. No surprise though with the Jets vs. Colts, as I said last week, the Jets had the best shot of upsetting my bracket. But like I said, it isn't gonna matter anyway because they can't beat New England at home.

But the Saints losing to the Seahawks means I have to restructure a bit, as I picked the Saints to win the NFC. No biggie, because my Super Bowl winner comes out of the AFC anyway, and ultimately who wins the NFC is irrelavant. So here goes Round 2 predictions.

NFC

ROUND 2

1. Seattle Seahawks vs. Chicago Bears

The Seahawks had a great upset win at home last week. But that's over. The Bears are playing at home and their defense should be able to get it done.

WINNER: CHICAGO BEARS

2. Green Bay Packers vs. Atlanta Falcons

I already picked this matchup last week and I'll say it again, Green Bay goes down to Atlanta and takes care of business.

WINNER: GREEN BAY PACKERS


ROUND 3

1. Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears

Both teams have the same things going for them. Well balanced offense combined with a rock solid defense. Green Bay won their last meeting to finish the regular season, but the Bears already had the number two seed locked and had nothing on the line. This time they are at home against a division rival for all the marbles. It's gonna be a brawl and to tell you the truth either team could pull this off, Unfortunately who ever it is will have to play the winner of the Steelers - Patriots. But with that said, someone still has to win this one.

WINNER: GREEN BAY PACKERS


AFC

I'm not redoing my AFC bracket because with the exception of the Jets beating the Colts, nothing has changed. I still like my picks and I still like Pittsburgh making it to the Super Bowl over the Patriots. Although, I want to see Tom Brady solidify his legacy, I'm sticking with the age old wisdom that defense wins championships, combined with the fact that these aren't the same old Steelers who put up 19 points and rely on their D to pull it off. These Steelers can put up 30 points a game.
nfl
Teams with the best shot to upset these picks:
nfl
1. Bears could beat the Packers since Chicago is playing at home, but ultimately they will lose in the Super Bowl.
nfl
2. Patriots could beat the Steelers in the AFC championship game and win it all.

No comments: