Monday, August 3, 2009

WHEELHOUSE: PRESS - CROSS CULTURAL ANTHOLOGY or DAVID WOLACH'S GUIDEBOOK TO BEING AN ASSHOLE

So... WHEELHOUSE, in conjunction with EVERGREEN STATE COLLEGE, released their PRESS anthology.

I was solicited by their editor DAVID WOLACH, I sent them an essay and it was accepted for presentation and publication, I flew out to Washington and presented it, LARINA WARNOCK from THE EXTERNALIST wrote this about it:

"This panel generated some of the best critical discussion I’ve seen in months, largely, I think, because the three panelists (comedian Bill Barr, writer/editor Barry Graham, and writer/student Jeff Konen) were coming at the same subject from three very different directions and, more importantly, so obviously cared about the subject. I was utterly taken in by Graham’s reading—the gut honesty of it..."

So, now the anthology is out, but somehow my essay was discarded, even though he emailed me a few months ago and told me it would be included. I guess there was no room for it, since they had to make room for the work of the editors, including his own...

5 comments:

Cami said...

Have you asked David about it?

DOGZPLOT said...

apparently there was some mix up because there were two contributors with the last name Graham. However, there were three contributors on our panel. And none of our work is represented in the anthology.

Cami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cami said...

I'm just confused, but that's okay.

DOGZPLOT said...

its ok to be confused. it happens to me easily and quite often.

and yes, i make mistakes with dogzplot too, however i do not lie to people in emails, and i dont have people fly in from out of state at their own expense, use them for my own purposes, then "forget" to include the critical work from ANYONE on the entire panel, in an anthology that i edited and had my own work included in...